Breaking: Woodside Prom Postponed Until May Due to Coronavirus

UPDATE 3/13: Woodside’s prom has been rescheduled to Sunday, May 17 from 7 – 10:30 pm at the California Academy of Sciences.
California Academy of Sciences
Woodside’s prom was originally scheduled to be held at the California Academy of Sciences on April 17, 2020.

Woodside’s prom will be postponed until mid or late May following new district guidelines that call for cutting back on “non-essential” school activities to prevent the spread of coronavirus.

Principal Burbank sent out the following email to Woodside parents on Tuesday night to inform them of the changes.

Wildcats,

We are in different times, folks, and this global issue requires different measures. As we move from containment to mitigation of the Coronavirus, our district determined the following guidelines about essential and non-essential activities after consultation with county health, county office of ed, and principals:

Essential Activities Guidelines CONTINUE AS IS…IN SESSION:

• All regularly scheduled classes and support services during the school day
  • Before and after school interventions, tutoring, support services and small group activities
  • Staff and School Board meetings 
  • California Interscholarship Federation (CIF and CCS) sports; practices

Non-Essential Activities Guidelines CANCEL, POSTPONE, OR MODIFY THRU APRIL

• Large gatherings for trainings or conferences
  • Field Trips: no new field trips; no large groups; no long distance travel (out of bay area)
  • School assemblies, concerts, performing arts events, dances (reschedule April prom date to mid- to late-May) 
  • Facility rentals by outside groups

These district-approved, and your principal-supported, measures will have evolving parameters.  For now, these are in place through the end of April.  As ever, Go WILDCATS!

Principal Burbank”

The Paw Print will continue to update this story as more information is released. For more updates on the coronavirus, view: “Carlmont SAT Canceled In Response to Coronavirus Spread,” “Menlo School Reopens Following Coronavirus Scare,” “Woodside Worries About The Coronavirus,” “Xenofobia traída por el Coronavirus,” and “The Mental Side Effects of the Coronavirus.”