We Asked For A Concert, She Gave Us A Show

Taylor Swift’s “Reputation” Stadium Tour: A Review

On Tuesday, May 8, pop star Taylor Swift started the her Reputation Stadium Tour in Glendale, Arizona, and three days later, came to Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara for her second and third tour performances.

Swift presented her sixth album with a bang, and with about eight costume changes, six decorated microphones, newspaper confetti, and three stages, she’s bound to never disappoint.

If this is what a snake looks like, ‘sssssign’ me up.

Swift’s “Reputation” is centered around her repute of a snake. This image of the singer began with several feuds between ex-boyfriend Calvin Harris, reality TV star Kim Kardashian, rapper Kanye West, and singer Katy Perry. The infamous hashtag #TaylorSwiftIsASnake began a few years ago as a result of these conflicts. In her concert, Swift definitely owned her reputation with enormous snakes, visuals, and intricate costumes that embodied the theme.

Once again, Taylor Swift blew the crowd away with her creative setlist, mixing older and newer songs together to make content we’ve never imagined. She used melodies from “Reputation” and lyrics from other albums such as “Red,” “1989,” “Speak Now,” and “Fearless,” pleasing her many fans. This is the setlist from Friday, May 11 at Levi’s Stadium:

1. …Ready for It?
2. I Did Something Bad
3. Gorgeous
4. Mashup: Style, Love Story, You Belong With Me
5. Look What You Made Me Do ft. Tiffany Haddish
6. End Game (solo, without Future or Ed Sheeran)
7. King of My Heart
8. Delicate
9. Shake It Off (with Camila Cabello and Charli XCX)
10. Wildest Dreams (acoustic)
11. Dancing With Our Hands Tied (acoustic)
12. Blank Space
13. Dress
14. Mashup: Bad Blood, Should’ve Said No
15. Don’t Blame Me
16. Mashup: Long Live, New Year’s Day
17. Getaway Car
18. Call It What You Want
19. Mashup: We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together/This Is Why We Can’t Have Nice Things

Swift’s tendency is to deliver more than expected, and this concert was no exception. In contrast to just putting on a show for the audience with no depth, Swift displays her desire to connect with fans through her explanations for each song and her little “conversations” with the audience. She clearly recognizes the inescapable barrier between her and her supporters, and deliberately tries to break it as much as possible.

The audience was also blown away by the elaborate set design. Ranging from a full fountain spraying water on stage to three giant snakes and light up wristbands for the audience, Taylor Swift certainly went all out and nobody is complaining.

All I have to say is: if this is what a snake looks like, “ssssssign” me up.[/wr_column]][wr_text]