Girls Varsity Waterpolo takes on CCS

Woodside High School
Girls Varsity Waterpolo huddled up after defeating Aragon 11-2.

Girls Varsity Waterpolo team fought Menlo-Atherton for the league title to advance to the Central Coast Section (CCS) finals.

This season they placed second in the Bay Peninsula league. They had eight total wins this season leaving them with a high enough win ranking to go straight into quarter-finals at CCS.

“Our best game this season was against Menlo-Atherton because we fought for the league title, and although we did not win, we played really well,” senior and Girls Varsity Waterpolo co-captain Reese Moore said.

Even though the Wildcats did not defeat Menlo-Atherton in the match for the league title, they are still advancing to CCS with a second-place spot in the league.

“Our season has gone great, honestly, we’ve done a lot and are going to achieve a lot,” Moore said.  “We’re going to CCS right now.” 

As they celebrate their place going into CCS, they have a lot of preparation to do for the fight ahead.

“We are practicing every day and are planning on possibly scrimmaging Sequoia,” Moore said.