‌Review “Senior Year” explores‌ ‌reliving‌ ‌the‌ ‌lost‌ ‌teenage‌ ‌years

IMDb
“Senior Year” was released by Netflix on May, 13th, 2022 starring Rebel Wilson. The film is about going back to high school after recovering from a coma 20 years later.

Rebel Wilson’s presence in “Senior Year” excited me since she’s known for her funny, awkward, comedic roles.

“Senior Year” ‌‌tells the story about a popular high school cheerleader named Stephanie, who goes into a coma after falling during a cheerleading stunt. After awakening from the coma 20 years later, she returns to high school‌ in hopes of regaining her prom queen title. When she returns to school, she realizes that it isn’t what she envisioned. Everything seems different now than ‌when she‌ appeared to be ‌a‌ ‌cheerleader in 2002.

“Senior Year” was‌ ‌released‌ ‌on Netflix on May 13, 2022. Alex Hardcastle (in his feature film director debut) directed Senior Year, and Andrew Knauer, Arthur Pielli, and Brandon Scott Jones wrote the film. 

“Senior Year” contained inappropriate dance moves, when the high school cheerleader’s performed, and the main character used inappropriate words. ‌”Senior Year” showed how funny Stephanie appeared and how her personality shines‌ ‌through‌ ‌fashion‌ ‌choices. When watching the movie, it was funny to see the main character reclaim her high school experience in 2022 by dressing like a vintage teenager. Another‌ ‌thing that‌ ‌worked‌ ‌was‌ seeing ‌the‌ ‌new‌ ‌and‌ ‌improved‌ ‌High‌ ‌School‌ ‌in‌ ‌2022,‌ ‌20‌ ‌years later. 

“He’s all that” ‌could be a possible comparison since they both portray students trying to gain popularity in high school. The both characters used social media platforms to get‌ ‌followers and used different kinds of fashion styles, such as the colour pink mostly. They also both tried to spite their enemies who hated them as the main characters, Stephanie and Padgett, became cooler in high school. 

Overall, “Senior Year” shows the power of comedy through the right actress and writing. Stephanie’s personality and humor can draw you into the movie and her funny, quackiness‌ ‌attitude. I would recommend this movie if you’re looking for a movie that can take you back to the 2000s teenage vibe in high school with the fashion, music, styles, and vintage cars.