Girls Varsity Soccer Season So Far

The+Wildcats+are+undefeated+so+far+and+continue+to+dominate+as+they+work+their+way+up+in+the+PAL+standings.+
Menlo-Atherton
The Wildcats are undefeated so far and continue to dominate as they work their way up in the PAL standings.

Girls Varsity soccer enters the new year with a 7-0 pre-season record with wins against teams including Sacred Heart Prep, Palo Alto High school, and Los Gatos High school.

On January 6, 2021, Woodside was scheduled to play Archbishop Mitty, but on January 4, Mitty called off the game due to COVID precautions. Last season, Woodside and Mitty faced off in the CCS Semi-Finals but unfortunately, the Wildcats fell short with two minutes left double-overtime.

“I was really excited to play them, and last year we went to double overtime with them during CCS so it’s a shame we can’t take them into overtime again and beat them this time,” Captain Katelyn Ryan said.

The Wildcat’s first week of league games was canceled for COVID-19 safety reasons. The next games take place against Menlo-Atherton on January 18, and Burlingame High school on January 20.

“We’re looking really strong for the actual season,” Captain Rachel Mull said.

The weekend prior to winter finals, the Wildcats brought home a 10-0 victory against Seaside High school while attending an overnight tournament in Monterey sponsored by Woodside’s Athletic Boosters.

“Our pre-season games before [winter] break went really well, and we took a cool trip to Monterey,” Ryan stated. “We thank the ABO for that.”

As league games approach, the Wildcats prepare to dominate the field as well as enjoy each other’s company before the class of 2022 graduates this June.

“Our team is really close; a lot of us have been playing together for multiple years, and I’m excited to see what the future holds,” Ryan said.