Swim team rallies support through Beach Dress-Up Day

Support the swim team by dressing up in beachwear.

Come support the swim team at their meet against Sequoia on Thursday, March 10 at 3:30. JV and Varsity boys and girls swim teams will all be competing. Dress up in your beachwear at school and at the meet to show some school spirit!

“Our season has been great, we’ve had one official meet so far, against Aragon,” Kyla Burfoot, a sophomore on Varsity swim said. “Both JV and Varsity girls have crushed our opponents and our boys have put up a good fight. Quite a few of our swimmers have had prior experience in swimming or other water sports and we’ve done really well so far as a team trying to improve and gain more points for Woodside.”

Leadership hopes to bring school spirit for our sports and would love to see everyone participate and dress up.

“Woodside is a really spirited school and we should bring back the spirit to cheer on our team,” Jessica Lin, Leadership Spirit Committee leader, said. 

The swim teams look forward to having good competition and are optimistic to do well in their second meet.

I hope both the girls and the boys beat Sequoia and we improve our races from the last meet,” Burfoot said. “Hopefully the school spirit will encourage us to go faster! Go, Woodside!”