BREAKING: Homecoming 2021 Postponed

Emma Montalbano
Big changes to Woodside’s 2021 Homecoming were announced this afternoon.

Woodside’s 2021 Homecoming Dance will be tentatively postponed to Saturday, November 6 due to the forecasted rain.

The dance, originally planned for Saturday, November 23, must be held outdoors in order to comply with COVID restrictions. The Homecoming Football game against Mills High School, however, will go on, rain or shine, this Friday.  

“The good news is we’re not canceling anything,” Woodside Principal Karen Van Putten said.

The Junior Varsity game will be at 4 p.m. and the Varsity game will begin at 7 p.m this Friday, October 22. Another Homecoming event impacted by the rain is the outdoor rally, which was originally planned for Friday.

“We’d like to move the entire rally… and performances to be live on Bradley field on Friday, November 5… instead of recording [the performances],” Van Putten said.

As a tradition for the senior class, the Senior Sunrise was set to take place the morning before the day of Homecoming but will now also be postponed.

“The current plan is to postpone [Senior Sunrise] because it is scheduled to rain that day in the morning, and we don’t want everyone getting sick,” Student Activities Director Leslie With said.

Due to these changes, this week’s Wildcat schedule will not happen. As more details are sorted out, students will be updated through Canvas and their school emails.

“The show goes on, the dance continues, and Woodside spirit continues,” Van Putten concluded.