Woodside’s 2021 Annual Talent show

Tickets+will+be+sold+at+the+ticket+booth+by+the+front+entrance+of+the+PAC.+
Claire Manuel
Tickets will be sold at the ticket booth by the front entrance of the PAC.

Woodside High School is putting on its annual talent show in the PAC on Thursday, October 14.

Come and support our Woodside students and watch the 20 different acts performed by students. Tickets are five dollars and to be sold at the door, however, family members of the performers can buy their tickets the night before. The show is expected to start at 7:00 p.m. and is expected to last around an hour and 15 minutes. 

There will be a set of judges who are Bay Area professionals chosen by the Drama Boosters, who will pick the winners of the first place 100 dollar prize, second place 75 dollar prize, and the 50 dollar third-place prize. 

“I think we have a faculty person who’s going to be playing guitar and singing,” Barry Woodruff, the Woodside Drama teacher and Director of the talent show explained. “You know, while they’re tallying the scores.”

Due to Covid regulations, the theater will be at 50% capacity making only around 235 seats available. Woodruff is looking into ways to get the show to more people.

“We’re checking to see if we can stream it,” Woodruff said. “I don’t know if that’s going to happen, that’s going to be a last minute thing. I’m asking [Woodside video production teacher] Mrs. Sidley if there’s a possibility of putting it on our YouTube channel.”

Along with students and family members, the staff are encouraged to come to support their students. 

“It’s really great for the staff too because… we would love to have them… see what their students are doing,” Woodruff said.

Woodruff has found that the talent show is a great way to get Woodside back in the theater. 

“I want the students experiencing live performance again because there’s nothing like live [performances],” Woodruff exclaimed.