April 2021 Newsletter

The Almanac
Woodside news for April 2021, including groups schedules for returning to campus.

3/29 – 4/2 Spring Break: One week of school off.

4/5 Culture Night Submissions Due: Join us in celebrating Woodside’s diverse community by participating in a night of culture. You may submit a dance, recipe, slideshow about your heritage history or tradition, song, poem, or anything else that you would like to share about your culture. Please record your videos to be three minutes long, filmed horizontally, and make sure that the audio is clear. If you would like to be featured, fill out the Google Form. You may email [email protected] with any questions. Form here.

4/6 Class Officer Form Due: If you want to run for Class Officer, you will need to complete this form. To run for Class Officer, students have to be currently enrolled at Woodside High School, have at least a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or above, and be in good standing. You may announce your candidacy for Class Officer before submitting your 25 signatures (signatures outlined in section 2). Students who have questions can contact Mrs. With at [email protected]. Form here. 

4/5 – 4/6 Group A1 in-person Classes: Two days of in-person classes at 25% capacity. The Daily Health Check is required for any student that will be on campus or any district site for any reason. Please read the Frontline Student Portal Instructions before returning to campus. If you need further assistance setting up your account, please follow these levels of support:

1. Frontline Student Portal Instructions
  2. Troubleshoot support resources & popular questions website: https://healthportal-help.frontlineeducation.com/hc/en-us
  3. Contact email: [email protected]

4/7 Super BOSA: Super BOSA is an opportunity for you to bring your voice to the table, to involve yourself in the community, to advocate for your opinions to your Student Government (BOSA). You’ll hear about upcoming events, opportunities, and time to discuss with your fellow peers. This is an amazing opportunity for you to involve yourself in our community and help create the deep and necessary bond that keeps the dialogue going between us students and the administration. Join BOSA this Wednesday at 12:00 pm on Zoom! It’s going to be a blast.

4/8 – 4/9 Group B1 in-person Classes: Two days of in-person classes at 25% capacity. The Daily Health Check is required for any student that will be on campus or any district site for any reason. Please read the Frontline Student Portal Instructions before returning to campus. If you need further assistance setting up your account, please follow these levels of support:

3. Contact email: [email protected]

4/8 – 4/9 Student Body Spring 2021 Bulb Fundraiser: Fundraisers earn up to 50% profit for the Woodside Student body from every item sold! Help us earn the funds we need and add some color to your garden at the same time! Three Rivers Wreath & Plant Company Spring planted Bare Roots, Bulbs & Tubers are sourced directly from Holland. They have chosen healthy & hardy varieties that will succeed throughout the United States. At Three Rivers Wreath & Plant Company, they offer their products in larger sizes to maximize the blooms in your garden right from the start! Order here.

4/10 Junior Hoodie Fundraiser Ends: All proceeds go to the Class of 2022! The sweatshirts are $30. Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated! The link for the order form and answers to further questions can be found on the junior class Instagram account: @woodsideclassof2022. Order a hoodie here.

4/12 – 4/13 Group A2 in-person Classes: Two days of in-person classes at 25% capacity. The Daily Health Check is required for any student that will be on campus or any district site for any reason. Please read the Frontline Student Portal Instructions before returning to campus. If you need further assistance setting up your account, please follow these levels of support:

3. Contact email: [email protected]

4/14 Class Officer Election

4/14 School Photo Retake: Students are welcome to come on campus between 8:00am to 3:30pm in the PAC to take or retake their school photo. Due to an issue with a camera several student photos did not turn out. Students whose photo was affected have been sent an email through their school email account. 

4/15 – 4/16 Group B2 in-person Classes: Two days of in-person classes at 25% capacity. The Daily Health Check is required for any student that will be on campus or any district site for any reason. Please read the Frontline Student Portal Instructions before returning to campus. If you need further assistance setting up your account, please follow these levels of support:

3. Contact email: [email protected]

4/19 – 4/20 Group A1 and A2 in-person Classes: Two days of in-person classes at 50% capacity. The Daily Health Check is required for any student that will be on campus or any district site for any reason. Please read the Frontline Student Portal Instructions before returning to campus. If you need further assistance setting up your account, please follow these levels of support:

3. Contact email: [email protected]

4/22 – 4/23 Group B1 and B2 in-person Classes: Two days of in-person classes at 50% capacity. The Daily Health Check is required for any student that will be on campus or any district site for any reason. Please read the Frontline Student Portal Instructions before returning to campus. If you need further assistance setting up your account, please follow these levels of support:

3. Contact email: [email protected]

4/22 Earth Day

4/26 – 4/27 Group A1 and A2 in-person Classes: Two days of in-person classes at 50% capacity. The Daily Health Check is required for any student that will be on campus or any district site for any reason. Please read the Frontline Student Portal Instructions before returning to campus. If you need further assistance setting up your account, please follow these levels of support:

3. Contact email: [email protected]

4/29 Culture Night: Join us in celebrating Woodside’s diverse community by participating in a night of culture. You can watch student-created videos of dances, recipes, slideshows about student heritage history or traditions, songs, poems, and more.

4/29 – 4/30 Group B1 and B2 in-person Classes: Two days of in-person classes at 50% capacity. The Daily Health Check is required for any student that will be on campus or any district site for any reason. Please read the Frontline Student Portal Instructions before returning to campus. If you need further assistance setting up your account, please follow these levels of support:

3. Contact email: [email protected]

4/30 End of 4th Quarter Progress Reports

Further Information On Coming Back to School for In-person Learning:

The weekly Monday/Tuesday and Thursday/Friday schedule will continue through the end of the school year.

Please review the following information to ease your transition back to campus (scroll down on the links for Spanish versions unless indicated): 

1. Coming to Campus: Student drop off/pick up/Health Screening Stations 
  2. Bus information links: Transportation- Bus
  3. Bike Cage/Racks: Students riding bikes to campus must park and secure bikes with their own locks in designated racks.
  4. Student Parking: Students driving to campus must park in the student lot only (not on faculty lane, staff, or visitor parking lots). For the remainder of this school year, parking permits for the student lot will not be required.
  5. Frontline Daily Health Screening: Student Daily Health Screening Instructions 
  6. Student Movement on Campus: Follow directional signs and arrows. (See photo here.)
  7. Students with an unscheduled class period in the middle of their schedule (3rd, 4th, 5th period, or 6th period — if you have a 0 period): Report to the Quad on time.
  8. PE Classes: Students will not have access to locker rooms. Please wear comfortable clothes and appropriate shoes on the days you have PE.
  9. Expectations and Protocols: In-Class, Break/Lunch, Restrooms — WHS return to campus expectations. Spanish version here
  10. Attendance: Attend in person only on your designated days. Attendance will be taken in every class, whether a student is in the room or on the Zoom. An opt-in student who is scheduled to be in class on campus and is not will be marked absent with a teacher comment of ZOOM, so that administration knows exactly who is on campus every day. Parents must clear that absence by calling the attendance desk at the number or email below. Students must check out through the attendance desk if leaving campus early. Clear all absences with Eloisa Hernandez: 650-367-9750 (ext. 40000) or [email protected].
  11. Health office access: During class time, teachers will send students with a paper pass. Students will access the health office from outside and will be assessed and released to return to class or sent home.
  12. Dismissal: Students need to move off campus immediately at dismissal time. Dismissal times are:
    1. Mondays/Thursdays: 2:35 pm
    2. Tuesdays/Fridays: 
      1. 1:15 pm (if you do not have a 0 period)
      2. 2:35 pm (if you have a 0 period)