Varsity girls lacrosse slings it into the new season 

Sophomore+Varsity+Player+Sophiya+Karer+gets+ready+to+crush+her+competitor.+
Maggie Mein
Sophomore Varsity Player Sophiya Karer gets ready to crush her competitor.

With their season opening last Friday, March 3, Varsity Girls Lacrosse began their official season with one win and no losses. 

Varsity girls have had two preseason games so far, and have taken a win against Notre Dame Belmont.  

“Our first preseason game was against Notre Dame Belmont, and that went really well,” sophomore and varsity player Sophiya Karer said. “But for our second preseason game, we lost to Menlo; they were a very good team. They had really good stick skills and teamwork.”

Going head to head with Aragon’s Dons, varsity girls beat their competition in their first league game with a winning score of 12 to 2.

“During our Aragon game, I think we played really well together,” Karer continued. “I think there are a lot of people who have been playing for a while, so we’ve been working very cohesively as a team.”

With one win under their belt, the varsity girls are preparing to take down their tough

est competition, Hillsdale High School. 

“Hillsdale is probably our biggest competitor,” Karer said. “They moved up from division three last year to division two, and we played them in the playoffs last year. [That was] definitely one of our closest games.”

Aside from the competition, the varsity girls’ lacrosse team makes sure to have a good time.

“I’m looking forward to the fun activities that we do,” Karer continued. “We have team pump-ups and Spirit Days, so I’m looking forward to those. Those are really fun team building and make the sport more fun.”