National signing day: four students officially sign to play sports at the collegiate-level

Cebelli Pfeifer
Andrew Nordgren, Charlotte Hill, George Kreidler and Sophia Wells all signed to various Universities on February 1.

Four students at Woodside officially committed to play their designated sports at the collegiate level on National Signing Day, February 1. 

Football player Andrew Nordgren committed to the University of Puget Sound for Football, Charlotte Hill committed to the University of California Berkeley for women’s Rowing, George Kreidler committed to Boston University for men’s rowing, and Sophia Wells committed to Columbia University for diving. 

These exceptional athletes worked hard to get to where they are toda

y,  attending hours of practice, getting homework done, and balancing a social life throughout their high school years.

“I started rowing freshman year, and George [Kriedler] started rowing in eighth grade,” Hill said. “It’s not easy to balance, but I just have to spend a lot of time focusing on rowing and on school.”

Responsibility, dedication, and passion are all requirements to achieve the highest success in, and outside, the classroom. 

“You have to have excellent time management skills,” Hill said. “I also have to factor in rest, recovery, and a lot of discipline.”

Whether it be messaging and scheduling meetings with college recruiters or attending four A.M. practices before school, there is no undermining the dedication it takes to be a student-athlete at the collegiate level.

“It was a pretty stressful process,” Hill said. “I’m grateful for how far I’ve come and that the hard work paid off.”

Regardless of what sport the Woodside athletes are committing to, dedication, passion, and persistence in balancing a work-hard-play-hard lifestyle are all necessary assets to fulfilling these athletes’ dreams.

“I’m excited for the next four years, and I’m proud of all the other athletic commits,” Hill said.