Dancing with the Stars Season 30 Review

The+Dancing+with+the+Stars+stage+shines+with+excitement.++
ABC
The Dancing with the Stars stage shines with excitement.

If you would have asked me who I thought was going to win “Dancing with the Stars” at the beginning of the season, I wouldn’t have ever guessed who actually won. This season was filled with incredible dances, lots of amazing choreography, and a lot of dance.

On “Dancing with the Stars”, professional dancers pair with famous stars and compete to win the famous Mirrorball Trophy. The show recently ended its 30th season and the season was filled with a ton of entertaining dances. Tyra Banks currently hosts the show and Len Goodman, Carrie Ann Inaba, Bruno Tonioli, Julianne Hough, and Derek Hough serve as judges.

In this season, the stars who made it the farthest were fitness phenomenon, Cody Rigsby, “The Talk Show” host, Amanda Kloots, the famous actress known for being in “The Office,” Melora Hardin, basketball player Iman Shumpert, 2020 Olympic Gold medalist Sunisa Lee, and singer and YouTube star, Jojo Siwa. Fourteen couples competed this season but only one couple won the mirrorball trophy.

This season raised lots of attention because for the first time ever, the show had a same-sex couple, Jojo Siwa and Jenna Johnson, for the first time in the show’s history.

The show has themes for almost every episode in the season. The themes must be incorporated into the dance choreography in some way. This season, the show had entertaining themes such as Britney Night, Disney Heroes Night, Disney Villains Night, Grease Night, Horror Night, Queen Night, Janet Jackson Night, and more. Everything from the costumes, the songs, and the dance routines were amazing. I was very impressed with how much all the couples improved as they performed more and more dances.

Overall, this reality TV show is similar to shows like ‘The Voice” because it involves a competitive aspect where someone goes home in every episode. During the season, I felt disappointed that the people I was rooting for didn’t win, but the winners totally deserved it in the end. The ending especially shocked me because I didn’t expect such an amazing dance from the couple that won. The winning couple were underdogs most of the season so seeing them win shocked me.

If you love competitions, love dance, or love the stars, I’d definitely recommend keeping up with “Dancing with The Stars.”