Ariana Grande, Thank U Next

Ariana Grade releases the music video to her new hit

Back to Article
Back to Article

Ariana Grande, Thank U Next

Breanna Broussard, Staff Writer

Ariana Grande’s big debut for her new “thank u, next” music video reached 55.4 million views within the first 24 hours. Grande currently holds the record for biggest music video release in YouTube history.

Comments of joy and appreciation for the release were all over social media. Grande mentions late singer and ex-boyfriend Mac Miller, along with actor Pete Davidson and rapper Big Sean. Fans were excited to see what she had to say about her past relationships. The video also gained attention due to the amount of celebrity appearances throughout. Individuals like Kris Jenner, Troye Sivan, and Colleen Ballinger.

“I stopped what I was doing as soon as I got the notification that the video was up,” Woodside student Audrey Mees confessed.

Grande’s entire music video contains remakes from some of the most iconic teen movies such as, Mean Girls, Bring It On, 13 Going On 30, and Legally Blonde. Fans everywhere loved it, reposting each amazing shot from the video.

“It’s amazing how she and her team were able to recreate these great movie scenes and put them in the music video to where they looked authentic,” stated Adrian Reitmaier, Woodside senior.

Ariana Grande fans were touched by her tribute to her ex-boyfriend Mac Miller, who overdosed on opioids in September of 2017.

“I thought it was really classy and genuine of her to mention her ex, especially when she just got out of another relationship,” added Kevin DeAntoni, a junior at Woodside.

About the Writer
Breanna Broussard, Staff Writer

Breanna Broussard is a staff writer and a first year reporter for the Woodside Paw Print. She is passionate about getting the truth out and wants to use...

Ariana Grande, Thank U Next